.

March 15, 2013

Our life in Missouri

So far we have been doing a whole lot of hanging out.. It has been so cold here, and I can't take Bo out in it.. so we do what we can to entertain Bristyn at home.. She LOVES water painting, playing on the balcony, watching movies... and her new favorite thing is getting in and out of her pack and play... I think it is finally time to get her in a big girl bed :)  She has been able to climb out for about a year now, but never had the desire to.. Now when we tell her its time for bed she runs over and climbs in herself, and thinks she is the coolest person in the world when she climbs out and comes in our room in the morning.. I'm not gonna lie it was pretty funny to see her run in our room the first morning with the biggest smile!  She is also having fun playing with her uncle Rocky, and especially daddy!!  She she has been a little spoiled (me too) because they have come home early a few days because it has been so cold.  she drags Rocky around and makes him read her books, and play with her princesses, and cuddles with daddy any chance she gets.  We are about to start potty training, and she even went potty in the big girl toilet yesterday and was so proud of herself!

Bruce is doing a little better.. Its been a hard couple weeks.  His h-pylori is back, along with his ulcer.. and the poor guy is miserable!  He gets so frustrated that he's not feeling better, but thanks Heavenly Father for this humbling experience every night in our prayers.  He has lost probably 15 pounds because he can hardly eat anything... but slowly he is starting to eat more and more.. He has even had to take a few days off work, and that is so unlike him.. that's when I know he isn't feeling good.  I just pray this will pass quickly.

Bo is as cute as ever.. Seriously I just love that little boy so much.  He is the sweetest, most content baby in the world.  He has such a love for life, and is always smiling.  Bruce and I fight over who get to make him laugh, and tickle him.  Its been a rough couple nights with his sleeping.. 3 nights ago he woke up at 4am and was wide awake.. the next morning he woke up at 6 and was ready to play.. Moving out here has sure messed up his sleeping, but I have been able to get him on a little schedule during the day and that has made it easier for me.. Luckily both of my kids take a 2 hour nap at the same time!!  

As for me, I have been a little overwhelmed with the move.  Between Bo not sleeping and waking up every 1.5-2 hours at night, then bright and early in the morning, Bristyn bouncing off the walls because she wants to go outside, and stressing about Bruce's illness I feel like I haven't been able to catch a break since I have been out here.  I woke up with a migrane this morning, and since Bruce stayed home sick from work he took the kids for 3 hours and let me sleep.. I don't think he will ever know how grateful I am he did that, I needed it so bad!!  

We are doing pretty good out here, and are just grateful to be together as a family..  Let the summer adventure begin :)

























2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Chanteal how blessed you all are. Just hope Bruce gets on his feet soon, but what a beautiful family How could you not be happy . We love you all so much and muss you. love gram

The Riggs Family said...

Love these pictures!!! But it made me miss you guys even more!