Bruce BO Brooks
1:26 pm
9 pounds 3 ounces
14 inch head circumfrence
21 inches long
Our little guy made labor so easy.. I arrived at the hospital at 1am.. I was dilated to a 1, and after check in and everything they put me on a cervix cream that would hopefully start the labor process around 3am. Dr. Huff came in at 6:30 to break my water and I was dilated to a 3. After a little frustration because they realized legally they were not allowed to put me on pitosin until I was on the cream for 6 hours we finally started the pitosin at 8:40 and I was dilated to a 4-5 and 80% effaced... I got my epideral around 7 because they were afraid my labor would go too fast once I got on the pitosin since it did with Bristyn.. By 11:30 I was a 6 and 90% effaced.. Dr. Huff came back in around noon to see how far along I was and ended up going home because I was still a 6. By 12:50 I was a 10 and 100% effaced and the nurse told me to wait until 1:00 just to give the baby a little more time to drop.. By 1 I was dying and the nurse came in and I begged her to call Dr. Huff.. Dr. Huff was 20 minutes away so the nurse had me lay on my side with my legs closed and I squeezed Bruce's hand to the point I might have broken a finger every time a contraction came. Ha it was so close Bruce heard them whispering that they might have to call the anesthesiologist to deliver the baby.. Luckily I was tough and Dr. Huff came just in time.. I pushed 3 times and our baby boy was out!!!
Since Bo came so fast the poor guy was so bruised and swollen the first day.. It break my heart to look at him because his face was just blue and red. Luckily he healed up quick and I am pretty sure he is the cutest little guy around. I had so many mixed feelings about him coming, I was so excited and nervous.. But the second I held him it was just like he had always been here. As tears were streaming down my face I couldn't help but thank our Heavenly Father for blessing me with 2 beautiful healthy children.












No comments:
Post a Comment