.

December 2, 2012

surprise!

I have to post this because I couldn't stop laughing.. I will spare you the pictures, because I am sure no one wants to see pictures of poop.. and I for one don't!  So we got home from church, Bruce made Bristyn and I a yummy lunch and I went and put Bristyn down for a nap.. I just knew she would go right to sleep because she was super tired from nursery and everything.. Well 45 minutes goes by and I am laying in bed trying to nap but all I can here is our daughter gibber gabber so I ask Bruce to go in and check on her to see if she has pooped or something.  A couple minutes goes by and Bruce comes in with a big smile and lays by me and said well she pooped.. and I said oh okay.. and he said, in her bed! With a big smile.  haha So i get up to go check and our poor daughter is crouched down in the corner of her bed repeating  yuck, poop, yuck, poop.  Luckily she didn't decide to play in it, there was a little bit on her foot... but that was it.. I told Bruce well you clean her and I will clean the poop. She has never even attempted to do this so I couldn't help but laugh and think wow we are lucky!  Then I went to grab the poop and it was rock hard, and it all made sense.  She cannot stand when she has hard poop in her diaper.. She has to have it out that minute, so I don't blame the poor girl!  And thankfully that is probably why there wasn't a bigger mess!  I have heard horror stories from friends about their kids and poop, so I am very grateful this is my only poop story.. so far!  haha and to make me laugh even harder after we got her all cleaned up I went to lay her down again so she could finally take a nap and all she could say was yuck yuck yuck poop mamma!  And I had to show her that the poop was all cleaned up and that she could get in her bed again.

Today i am just so grateful for little moments like this.  There are so many people that do not have the opportunity to have their own children, or children at all.. and I am just so grateful for Bristyn and the sweetheart that she is.. for all the many memories she brings to our family that I never want to forget.  It breaks my heart that she is going to be 2 in just a couple months, where has the time gone?  She is so much fun and full of so much energy.. I am just soooo grateful for her.  Being her mom is seriously the absolute best thing in the world.

No comments: