.

July 11, 2014

drowning.

Today was a day I will never forget.  It was horrible, but at the same time I am so grateful Bristyn is okay.  We had been cooped up in the apartment for way too many days and it was finally sunny out so we decided to go to the pool with friends.  We had a blast!  Bristyn stole Bo's raft and was having a blast!  Bo thought it was cold, and kept letting me know it was cold.. so he only wanted to play on the first step.. but that doesn't mean he didn't give me a heart attack 100 times.. At one point he ran full blast towards the pool and stopped right at the edge and look in with a smile.  He also had fun throwing stuff in the pool saying bye bye. Brody took a long nap in the stroller, and then we put his toes in the water.  He wasn't a fan.. it was cold!  After being there for almost 3 hours the kids were starving and begging for dinner so I started cleaning up.  I took Bristyns raft and she told me she was going to go sit on the step and watch her friends play.  The steps were wide but had a complete drop off into the deeper water on the side so I was watching her close.  Bo took off running toward the hot tub so I ran after him and turned around to see Bristyn drowning.  I screamed her name and ran.  I was running faster then my legs would move and completely face planted on the cook decking.. Luckily it was close to the edge and I was able to just roll into the pool and grab her.  I think I held onto her forever in the tightest hug ever.. I didn't want to let go.  After we got out of the pool I realized I was bleeding.. everywhere.  My hand, arm, both knees, and feet.  I was in shock and completely shaking but my baby was okay.  I have never been so scared in my life. Luckily I was able to have a strong front, I didn't want to scare Bristyn more than she already was... But the second she went to bed the tears started falling..  I don't even know how long she was drowning for.. It could have only been a few seconds, but still.. how close was she to death.. and I really don't think I will ever get her drowning face out of my mind.  So tonight, I am going to hold her a little tighter, and a little longer.. and thank my Heavenly Father for watching over her.  Also I am getting her a life vest and swim lessons asap!





















No comments: