.

November 19, 2007

Palmyra, New York

Palymra was awesome! Being in the Sacred Grove, where the Book of Mormon was published, and at Hill Cumorah was amazing... Palmyra was such a sacred town. We had the opportunity to go to Palmyra on our way to Boston (when it was not very pretty and there were no leaves) and on our was home (when it was gorgeous!) The Palmyra Temple was so pretty too! If you have not been to Palmyra it is a must see! You will walk away with such a strong testimony of this gospel. We were able to see where Joseph put the plates in the Cooper shed, and then they had the same bricks in the fire place that he used to hide them again... It was awesome! The Hill Cumorah was so pretty. When we went there the first time we decided to walk up it, oh my goodness was that hard!!! That hill was so steep and we were worn out by the time we got to the top, so the second time we went we decided to drive our car up the back. While we were walking through the sacred grove I stepped on a snake and freaked out, but other than that it was such a spiritual experience. We had such a good time in Palmyra!
Book of Mormon printing press
Hill Cumorah
Sacred Grove
The Cooper Shed (where he put the plates)

2 comments:

The Read Family said...

Hey Channy!! Your blog is so adorable, I love it! It looks like it came right out of a scrapbook page! Okay so I'm totally foreign to this whole blogging thing I have no idea how to add people!

Anonymous said...

I bet Bruce was a great guide. Wouldn't it be fun to go as a family and have Bruce be our guide. You are so lucky to have him..