So Bruce and my dad left on Thursday for a hunt in Colorado. He was suppose to go with his dad but some things came up and his dad was not able to go so my dad went in his place. It was a bitter sweet time, because Bruce and his dad have been planning this hunt for a year now and just 2 days before the hunt we found out his dad couldn't go so Bruce was really bummed, but he was happy and excited that my dad was able to go with him and he would still be able to go on the hunt. Well on Saturday around 4:30 or 5ish Bruce got his first deer! I was at a bridal shower and when it was over I checked my phone and had a missed call from him and I couldn't call him back because he never has reception and calls me the second he gets reception. Then when I was calling my sister-in-law, Katrina a thing popped up on my phone saying I had a new voicemail. when I got that I about died because I knew it had to be from Bruce and I was so bummed I missed it. Well I check my message and it said... Hey Sweetie, I just wanted to let you know I am no longer a virgin deer killer! Then it cut out so I was freaking out. I called my father-in-law to see if he had heard anything and he said Benson got a text saying he got one. So I kept all my excitement in and I waited...and waited...and waited some more then FINALLY he called me!!! He was so excited. It is a really big three point. He said it is an awesome deer for his first one. He sent me a picture on my phone, so I can't post it but I will post some pictures when he gets home from the hunt. I am so proud of my amazing hunter!!!
Disneyland & California Adventure
9 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment