.

June 29, 2007

The Engagement































Bruce proposed to me on Sunday August 20, 2006 and it was on the top 3 best days of my life! After being together for so long I wasn't sure if it would ever happen and he sure suprised me! I knew he was going to propose sometime but never would have guessed it would be on a Sunday...so I went to church that Sunday thinking it would be any other Sunday. After church Bruce called and asked me if I could go with him and his family to the new church video at the temple. I agreed and was on my way to his house. When I got there Bruce was the only one home and said everyone else was at the Temple and we had to hurry and meet them there. We got in the truck and drove to the Temple and parked on the west side. Right when we pulled up Bruce said he had to call his dad to see where they were and when Bruce got off the phone with his dad he said they were walking around the Temple waiting for the movie to start. So we start walking to the east side of the Temple where they do Baptisms for the Dead. Right when we turned the corner both sets of parents were standing there and my mom was holding a box. The first thing I could think to say is, "Why are my parents here and why does your dad have a camera around his neck?" I was SO confused! As we approached our parents my mom put this big beautiful box in my hands and said Bruce has something to give you so he takes me over to this bench and makes me sit down. I was curious what was in the box and knew a ring didnt fit in that size box so I started shaking the box! Bruce quickly said, "Sweety I don't think you should shake that box!" So I went to open the box and the cutest little Yorkie-Poo puppy jumped out at me and freaked me out! It scared me so bad I almost dropped the box! I was so overwhelmed with the cute little puppy that I didn't even realize the ring that was around its neck. Bruce points out the ring and I knew what was coming next. Bruce got down on one knee andsaid "Chanteal will you marry me? Please say yes!" Of course I said yes! while both sets of parents were snapping pictures of the whole thing! Later Bruce explained to me that his dad proposed to his mom at that same bench!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through scrapblog...very nice work.

I just wanted to say how amazing it is that you were engaged in the future and married in the past. Just check your dates.

Congrats on your marriage and good luck in your future!