My poor husband has been having some medical issues for about 6 months now and we finally figured out what is wrong!! All summer Bruce was super sick.. He had a bad pain in his stomach, had no energy, and all around just felt really crummy.. I was getting really worried about him so I mad him go see a Dr. The stupid guy didn't run any tests and told him he just had "gas pains" and that was it. So a couple months later and no improvement I made Bruce go see another Dr. who pretty much told him the same thing without running any tests. Extremely frustrated I booked a Dr. appointment with our Dr. here 2 days after he got home. Our Dr. drew some blood and sent him to a specialist so Bruce could get a full body workup. The day we met with the specialist our Dr. called to tell him he tested positive for H. Pylori.
Here is the definition for H. Pylori--
Helicobacter pylori previously named Campylobacter pyloridis, is a Gram-negative, micro aerophilic bacterium found in the stomach. It was identified in 1983 by Barry Marshall and Robin Warren, who found that it was present in patients with chronic gastritis and gastric ulcers, conditions that were not previously believed to have a microbial cause. It is also linked to the development of duodenal ulcers and stomach cancer. However, over 80 percent of individuals infected with the bacterium are asymptomatic and it has been postulated that it may play an important role in the natural stomach ecology.[1] More than 50% of the world's population harbor H. pylori in their upper gastrointestinal tract. Infection is more prevalent in developing countries, and incidence is decreasing in Western countries. H. pylori's helix shape (from which the generic name is derived) is thought to have evolved to penetrate the mucoid lining of the stomach
The only problem is by just having a blood test, they didn't know if he had it right now, or if he has just had it in his lifetime. So Tuesday the 9th he had a colonoscopy and everything came back really good... Then Friday the 12th he had an endoscopy (which goes down the throat) and they found all kinds of problems. He had a very severe case of H. Pylori, a very severe case of gastritis, and tiny little ulcers all over his stomach. Pretty much the Dr. told me his stomach has been a battle ground. He said there is no way he has had this for just a couple months, it has been building for at least 2 years but he thinks more (I think since his mission) He told me if we would have waited 3 more months his stomach would have been packed with full blown ulcers and they would have had to do surgery and if we would have waited a year he probably would have gotten stomach cancer. So now my poor husband is on heavy medication to hopefully kill the horrible bacteria. The Dr. said in about 1-2 weeks he should be feeling alot better, and that he has had this for so long he doesn't even know what it feels like to be 100%.
As a wife I have felt so helpless. It has killed me to see him suffer, and I am just so grateful to finally figure out what is wrong with him.. and hopefully get it fixed. Seeing him lay it that hospital bed really freaked me out. He was so worried and nervous, and I was trying my hardest to put on a brave face so he wouldn't worry more, but deep down all I wanted to do was cry. I never want to see him like that again. I am just so grateful that Heavenly Father has been watching over him for so long. This could have been horrible and maybe even terminal and I am just so grateful we caught it when we did.. I love my sweet husband with all my heart, and would honestly be lost without him.



1 comment:
oh my goodness! I am so sorry you guys are going through this, but glad they found it in time!Prayers for you guys!
Post a Comment