.

November 10, 2014

trip to Idaho...

Bruce's little sister Brecken decided to move up to Boise and stay with Brookie, So Bruce and Racheel had to drive her up there.. and Bruce and I decided to join them!  We talked about it all weekend.. then decided on Monday we were going, then left Tuesday after Brody's Dr. appointment and Bristyns preschool.  The drive up was horrible.  The kids were cranky and miserable so I was cranky and miserable.  I was so ready to turn around somewhere in the middle of ugly Nevada, but we kept going and finally made it to Idaho.  Bristyn and Rhett were so excited to see eachother and were joined at the hip the entire time!  They played so good together.  Bo and Ridge not so much, but they all got along pretty decent.  I am just so grateful my kids have cousins so close in age.  Bruce and Racheel showed up the next day and the party began.. it was so much fun!  I was actually super nervous to go up.. Since we are moving up there I was nervous I would get there and hate it or it wouldn't be what I expected.  The next morning after we got there.. Brookie took me to old navy (because lucky me, i forgot all the kids pants) and as we started driving around I was overcome with the spirit that this is where my family needed to be.  I felt the spirit so strong I was almost brought to tears.. The last time I felt the spirit that strong was when I knew Bruce was the one.  After driving around I was just so content and felt so at peace with our decision.  It was what I really needed because I have really been struggling with the idea of moving away from family.  So Wednesday we got there.. Thursday we went to the park with Brookie and Dalan, stopped by to check out Bruce's office, and then drove around for awhile to get a feel for the place together..  Bruce's parents arrived around 6pm. Friday the boys went fishing ALL day long, and Bruce took Bristyn and Bo.. and the girls and Brody went shopping.  It was a fun, much needed day.  Saturday we just spent time together as a family and we stopped by so Bristyn could see Tinley.  Then Sunday we headed home.  We took the Salt Lake drive, and it was an hour longer but SOOOO much better!  On the way home we ran out of diapers and didnt realize it until we were at the lodge in Kaibab.  Both boys decided to poop and the closest store was 45 minutes behind us.. So we had to put feminine pads on both of the boys and they had to wear pads as diapers until we got to Flagstaff 4 hours later! haha..  It was such a fun little getaway.





































No comments: