I haven't updated about what is going on with us lately so I figured I would...
Bruce is busy working, and trying to get recruits for next summer.. I am proud of him, he actually has a few guys so far and most of them are married so I am so excited to have lots of wives out there to hang out! It's funny to think when all this started I swore I would never do another summer, and he we are already talking about our 6th summer and we just finished our 5th. Bruce is going to manage this year and I know he will do awesome! Other than work, he is getting ready for some hunts... ahhh the dreaded hunts are about to start. He leaves for Colorado in about a week and a half, then his little sister Brecken has a hunt the end of November and the whole family is going up... Then he has another one the beginning of December in Texas. Ugh!!! He loves it though so I can't complain.
I am just busy being a full time mommy.. It is honestly the best job in the entire world. Exhausting, but so much fun. Other than that I have fun making play dates with Bristyn's cousins, spending as much time with Bruce as possible, and I like to throw some crafts in there when I have time. Did I mention I am totally LOVING my new car Bruce bought me??? It's amazing to be able to go anywhere anytime I want! haha...
Bristyn is still so much fun.. She is growing so fast and doing new things everyday. She amazes me more and more.. Can I just say that girl can eat! On a regular day, she eats 6 jars of baby food, a yogurt, 4-5 bottles (4-6 ounces each) and then snacks on random fruit, puffs, and yogurt melts throughout the day. It amazes us how much she can consume, Bruce and I laugh about it daily. You would think she would be the chunkiest thing around. We weighed her tonight and she weighs 18.8 pounds. She is finally done being sick.... It got pretty rough for a while there but I think she is finally better.. I saw her Dr. more than I wanted to (we love him!) and he finally got her better... She has honestly been sick since we came back for my brothers wedding a month ago. She would get sick then better then sick like 2 days later... She was on the verge of croup, had an ear infection, bad cough, and roseola. It was crazy! On and got 2 teeth in the middle of all of that.. And you would have never guessed she was sick, she is such a happy baby! Crazy... but happy! She defiantly keeps us busy, I swear the girl doesn't stop.
Just recently (6 days ago) my sister-in-law Katrina lost her dad Phil Chiles.. It was so unexpected.. he had a heart attack while in the hospital. It has really put us in perspective and made us realize what is important. He was a bishop, and such a great man...one of a kind. I have know him for half my life, and he was always soooo sweet to me. I will miss him so much. Ever since Justin and Katrina got married her family has been like our family, we have been really close with them. I am just so grateful for the gospel and for the opportunity we have to live with our loved ones again... I am so grateful for the knowledge of the plan of salvation. It has made me realize to never take a moment with Bruce (or our families) for granted, cause it can go so fast.
Other than that we are just having fun and making as many memories with our little family as possible! We are so lucky.
Disneyland & California Adventure
9 years ago


1 comment:
Love your little family! I need to totally come visit again!
Post a Comment