.

January 3, 2010

Christmas 2009!

This Christmas was amazing! We are so lucky to have family so close, so we can spend the Holidays with them. Every year on Christmas Eve Bruce and I exchange gifts. It is a tradition we started when we first got married, because usually Christmas Day is pretty crazy for us.

We started out the morning bright and early at 6am with Bruce's family, and we all met at IHOP. We ate breakfast with everyone and went over to their house to open presents. I feel so lucky to have such awesome in-laws! I love them to death, and I love spending time with them. They got us some really fun stuff, Bruce got some clothes, and gift cards and I got an AMAZING purse, a cool antique scale, an electric wheat grinder and alot of other fun things. We went back over there later that night and played a fun white elephant game.
My family has a little thing we like to call "The Riggs Schedule" Christmas has never been a relaxing day for my family because we are always going to someones house. After opening gifts with my in laws, we went over to my parents house and we had a wonderful surprise! My little brother Colton surprised us and called us that morning so we all got to talk to him for a minute and we were able to have him on the line as we opened the package he sent us for Christmas (the pictures below) He sent Dakota and Gunnar a Peru jacket, and then wrote us all our own letters! What an amazing Christmas surprise! After that we opened gifts and Bruce and I got a chest freezer which we needed really bad! After opening gifts we went over to my Grandma Sue and Poppy Rays for a Christmas Brunch, then later that afternoon we went over to Grandma Elaine and Poppy Garths for a Christmas Dinner. We had to end it short because Colton called again at 6pm and we all got to ask him as many questions as we wanted! It was the highlight of my Christmas because I miss him soooo much!

We had such a good day, and we are so grateful to our parents for making that possible! They do so much for us, and we love them all so much! I hope everyone had a good Christmas...

No comments: