.

May 22, 2009

Update!

Nothing too new and exciting is happening with us! Bruce is doing awesome with his sales, and I am so proud of him! I am also so grateful for the dedication he has to go out and knock doors 6 days a week for hours... It's a hard job. We are excited for Brookie and Dalan to come out here {they should be here tomorrow} and they are bringing our dog Auggie! I have been going CRAZY without Auggie the past two weeks... He entertains me all day, so it has been boring without him. Bruce is even excited, when we were laying in bed the other night he was like, "hey sweety, I am actually excited to have our child back!" haha.

I have been trying to keep myself busy by watching lots and lots of movies and making some crafts! I made a patchwork quilt about a week ago, and I love the way it turned out! I just did a solid red flannel on the other side and it turned out really cute. I also made a couple hot pads {for cooking} out of some of the left over fabric. I have wanted a white board calendar forever... every time I go to a store I think might have one I look, but I haven't found one I liked enough to buy. The other day I thought I would try to make one on my own! I went and bought a 16x20 frame and put some fabric behind it, and I love how it turned out! Its fun cause I can switch out the fabric whenever I want. I picked a neutral color for right now, but I think I might put red or gold in it when I get home. It took awhile to figure out how to draw the lines, and actually make the calendar...But I am happy with how it turned out! I am sure I will have many more little projects to pass the time while we are here!


Yesterday I went with some of the girls to Mobile. {for the first time} We decided we would go to the mall... We didn't have a navigation, and after driving for an hour and fifteen minutes and seeing a sign that said Welcome to Mississippi we realized we passed the mall. haha. We turned around and the mall ended up being pretty close to our apartments, {about 25 minutes} So I'm excited to go back now that we know how to get there!

10 comments:

tHe DoDd FaMiLy said...

love the things you made so cute!!

The Riggs Family said...

Chanteal everything is so cute! Good job...
Love you my dear daughter!

Johnston Journal said...

That quilt is super cute!!! I wish I could make things like that!

The Clarks said...

so fun! cute projects! wish i had someone to do projects with haha. When we both get home we can have craft days together! :D

BritCosplay said...

I have been wanting a white board too! Did you just use permanent marker on the glass?

Lori said...

Look how crafty you are! Nice job with the quilt and everything. I hope things are going well in AL.

K. Lamb said...

Love you crafts. You are so good at it. How are you guys? We are still playing baseball and getting ready to move. Yea!

The McKnights said...

Wow you are such a sweetheart! A beautiful handmade quilt all for baby Reese?!? You didn't have to do that! ha ha Good job, Mrs. Chaney Stewart! ha ha Miss you!

Anonymous said...

You made one just like my moms thats soo cute!

Brecken

The Clarks said...

I got them at charlotte russe. I'm usually a fan of forever 21, but I had the gift card there. score right? ps...I just checked out those purses...gorgeous! i'm kind of dreading going home because i'll be so tempted to take every single class there but they are pretty expensive! suck.