.

April 4, 2009

Projects Galore!!!

The past few days I have been going crazy with sewing! My mother-in-law taught me how to make some baby blankets, so I have been making tons of blankets! There are a couple I have fallen in love with, so I am going to keep them for our future kids...But the rest I will be giving away! I have also been making matching burp clothes which are so much fun!

The blankets...

This is my favorite boy blanket... I am in love with all the little nursery rhymes on it! This is a keeper.

I gave this blanket to my niece Kylie. She loved it!

This is my favorite girl blanket... It's also a keeper!

Kylie loved the bright colors and kept playing peek-a-boo with the blanket, and loved the ties! She was so cute with it.

These are the burp clothes I made, the edges are frayed.

While Bruce was watching tv I decided to try something different, I crochet stitched the edge in different colors!

Last night I was able to take a fun class with my Mother-in-Law! Minnie was the teacher and she is so talented, I am so glad I was able to meet her! Isn't this the cutest craft apron??? I love it!

10 comments:

The Riggs Family said...

I am so proud of you Chanteal!!! Sewing as you know isn't my favorite thing, have done a few projects, but have found other things I like better. Despite all that, I can see you will become a great seamstress, thank you Racheel for helping her out!
I love you Chanteal...

Brooke Monsen said...

Chanteal so cute. Stock up on those blankies because I am sure you will have lots of ladies and lads running around!!

Anonymous said...

It was so fun to make the the baby blankets. I can hardly wait to wrap my little grandbaby in one of those. Minnies such a darling, i just love her.

Evans Family of Three said...

you are getting really handy with that sewing machine! i love those blankets you made...your future kids will love them! and i really like the stitching around the burp clothe that you did! its makes it stand out! and that apron it so cute i want one! haha

Johnston Journal said...

OK Cousin! Where is my cute blanket??? :) JK. You are quite talented! I can't sew and I always loving seeing the things other people make! It's awesome! Stock up on those blankets you make for your children. You'll need/want them. Especially the larger size ones that cover the car seat when they are new born. I wish I had more of those! Aunt Celeen made me two when she came to help me and those are the ones I've pretty much worn out! Small is good, but only for a little while!
You guys all make the cutest things!!!

The Holt Family said...

So those blankets are so cute! I wanna buy one from you! Whenever I have another baby, I'm going to you for the blankets. Nice job!

Katrina said...

Thanks again for Kylie's blanket. I saw the video of Kylie going crazy with the blanket. So funny!

vintage said...

Wow! That is ALOT of sewing. Phew! Isn't it fun though, especially when you have such cute stuff to show afterwards. Loved having you in my class. Hope to see again soon!
Hugs,
Minnie

Anonymous said...

Chanteal you are doing great. They are all so cute acutually adorable. Keep sewing as that little girl some day will ask you to make her dress for that special occassion..I loved the apron too... Has your dad seen them he tried sewing a few times but decided a ball fit his hand better..I love you keep up the good work. love gramsue

Lori said...

Love the blankets and totally love the frayed burp cloths SO CUTE!When do you guys go to Alabama?