.

February 5, 2008

Hunting Part 1

Well at this point in my life I am asking myself what was I thinking???? Haha let me explain... About 3 weeks ago Bruce went up to Pine with his dad. While they were up there they started talking to some friends that said that they know where some BIG BULLS (elk) are that we could go buy a tag over the counter and hunt (this is "a big deal" because usually you have to get drawn to hunt elk and this could take years to get drawn, but right now you can buy a tag over the counter and hunt it) so Bruce got the bright idea that he wanted to go on a hunt and try to get an elk. Well one night we were talking and he asked me if I would want to go on my 4-day weekend (this coming weekend) and try to get an elk with him. As I was debating this in my mind I was thinking that I really wanted to spend some qualitity time with Bruce and I decided that I needed to be a good little wife and embrace my husbands hobby cause we all know he wouldn't be caught dead scrapbooking! So I told him I would go. So since then Bruce has been planning "our hunt" and he decided that I am going to be the one shooting and he is just going to be there to supervise... Lucky me! haha... I mean I have grown up in a hunting family and I have nothing against hunting, I am glad that Bruce loves it...But I can just picture myself coming aross a huge elk and getting ready to shoot it and then yelling RUN ELK!!! Run as fast as you can because I am about to shoot you!!! Then I could see Bruce looking at me like please tell me you did not just do that! So this last weekend we went to the gun range and practiced shooting the gun that I will use if I can get myself to shoot this poor innocent animal... It was a .300 Mag (to be honest a gun is a gun to me, but Bruce says this is the best gun out there and alot of people are afraid to shoot it cause it's such a powerful gun) Bruce shot it first and I was standing behind him and when he shot, the gun was so dang loud it FREAKED me out... I have not heard a gun that loud before...I was honestly afraid to shoot it and I told Bruce there is no way he would ever get me to shoot that gun. Well he ending up talking me into it... It was fun! I have shot many guns before but it was fun to be able to go with Bruce and do something he loves....We will just have to wait and see how this weekend goes...

...be ready to hear about part 2 after this weekend...it should be intersting!!!!

5 comments:

Bradley Family said...

I AM SO GLAD WE CAN CHAT NOW. I NEED ALOT OF HELP WITH MY BLOG THING. I NEED TO KNOW HOW I CAN ADD SONGS AND THE GUEST BOOK THING SO CUTE..

The Riggs Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katrina said...

i think it is so funny you married a hunter, when you know first hand how it can get. well it is fun to go with the "guys" and see what all the hype is about. good for you for being such a good little wife.

The Riggs Family said...

You made me laugh, that is exactly why I can't hunt. I support them, but I could never shoot one. You may become the hunter of us all and totally love it. What I love about you is you are willing to try anything. Happy hunting! Love you Chaney.

gramsue said...

Chanteal thank heaven for prayer as I prayed it would rain... sorry Bruce I understood Chanteal view of hunting too well.