.

July 19, 2013

Bo broke his collarbone :(

Our sweet baby broke his collar bone, and it just makes me so sad.  On 7/17 he was playing on the couch with Bruce and I..  I got up to do the dishes, and Bruce got up a couple minutes later and forgot to put him on the ground and he fell.  It was a complete accident, and he cried for a long time.. but was fine..  I put him down for a nap, and I could tell he was in pain because he cried out a few times.. so when he woke up I started checking him over, and realized he could not crawl.. or put pressure on his right arm.  As I kept looking I noticed he had a light bruise and a bump on his shoulder between his neck and shoulder blade.  I called Bruce and told him I just felt like I needed to take him in, so off to the emergency room we went.  Lucky my friend Bekah watched Bristyn, and I was able to just take Bo by myself because Bruce was working 1 1/2 hours away.  After sitting in the waiting room for an hour (I don't know why it took that long because it wasn't busy at all) we finally got in, and immediately the Dr. said she thought he broke his collar bone.  After a x-ray that just about killed me because he was crying and hated it so bad, and another wait.. we got the verdict.. he broke his right clavicle.  Words cannot describe how I felt, I kept strong at the hospital and right when we got in the car I just broke down.  My poor baby broke his collar bone, and I couldn't help but think it was somehow my fault.  We took him to an orthopedic Dr. yesterday and they wrapped him up so he can't move his arm, and told me he has to wear that for 3 weeks, and it can only come off during his bath.  We have an appointment in 2 weeks to make sure its healing properly.  I know accidents happen, but it just kills me that it had to happen to my sweet baby that is obsessed with pulling himself up on things, and crawling.. and now he can't do either!  Hopefully the next couple weeks go by quick..  He is doing surprisingly good.. I haven't had to give him tylenol since we wrapped his arm..  and he is learning to get around.. somewhat.  We went and bought him a walker, but he gets sick of it after awhile..  The bruise and bump looks better than it did yesterday, so I hope this is a sign it will be a quick recovery!!  North Carolina has not been good to my sweet Bo :)  Good thing he is tough!!




















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our sweet little Bo. It looks worse than it is I hope. You two accidents will happen cause he's all boy but I know how bad you feel but remember this too will pass and he won't remember. We love you guys and please give him a big careful hug for us. Bristlyn. tell her to love Bo and help him??!! We love you and your all in our prayers!! gram sue