.

June 7, 2008

Craft Time!

Before we came out here I decided to bring my sewing machine and teach myself how to sew. A week before we came out here I threw Katrina a baby shower and made her some burp rags. Those were pretty easy so I figured sewing couldn't be that hard. I forgot to take pictures of the ones I made Katrina, but they turned out so cute. I ended up making some for Christanie while we have been out here since she is expecting a baby boy in a couple weeks. Here they are...
Since the burp rags were so easy I decided I wanted to make a rag quilt for Bruce and I. Right before we came out here (literally the day before) I ran to Joann's and got some fabric and all the supplies I would need. What I didn't realize is that burp rags don't take much skill and really aren't that hard. I had to cut 64-9'' squares, 248-5'' squares of fabric, then 32-8'' squares, and 124-4'' squares of batting. Then I had to sew all the squares together and fray all the edges...It turned out SO cute!!!

5 comments:

Kaylee Hartley said...

Chanteal!!! Your quilt is soooo adorable!

Katrina said...

that is a lot of work! i love the colors you chose. great job mrs. homemaker!

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome! That will be my next endeavor, learning how to sew!

Kyle & Shadolyn said...

chanteal, your rag quilt turned out really cute! good job!

Anonymous said...

so cool...i remember you talking about doing this when we were at your mum's cabin - it turned out great! i am sufficiently impressed and inspired to start one of my own. gotta call tracy for the yardage etc.