.

August 9, 2007

Chanteal's Trip to Arizona

For those of you who didn't know I have been in Arizona for the last week and a half. It was so hard to leave Bruce! But I enjoyed my time at home. I left August 29th and returned last night. When I got there my whole family came over and it was so good to see everyone, especially Dakota & Gunnar (my 2 nephews). They have both grown so much the 4 months we have been gone...Especially Gunnar...but he is still the monster he was when we left, if not worse! His nickname is Monster Gun! He is so funny to watch and is into everything! Katrina sure has her hands full. And Dakota is still the sweet little boy he has always been....He's my little baby! I love that kid to death. I went over to Bruce's parents house on Tuesday night and it was so good to see them, I sure have missed them! They are such amazing people and I am so grateful to have them in my life. Then on Wednesday I drove with my mom and dad up to our Riggs Family Reunion! It was a lot of fun...it rained a lot, but it was fun to run around in the mud! It wasn't the same without Bruce there, but I still enjoyed it. My mom, Stacey, Katrina, Kim and I made pearl and crystal Necklaces, Katrina & I did a craft for all the kids we got the plastic beads and made flashlight necklaces and they turned out so cute! Mine says. "Chaney loves Bruce!" Then we played lots and lots of games, and rode the quads and ranger! It was fun. When we got home from the reunion time flew by and it was time for me to go home...I went by the Brooks again to say goodbye and hung out with my family...We got to go to Bass Pro Shop on Monday night as a family and it was really cool! (my dad will use any excuse to go there) we took Dakota and he was going nuts with all the animals and things to look at. We even ate at the resturant that is attached to the store and it was really good. It was a fun night! Wednesday was a bitter sweet day It was sad because I had to leave Auggie behind and I have no idea what I am going to do without him, he has become my little sidekick, but I keep telling myself it's only for a month and a half, and it was hard to say goodbye to my family again...i hate goodbyes! But on the other hand I missed my husband so much and i was so ready to go home. When I got on the plane and they announced we were starting to descend into Boston I couldn't sit still....I was so excited to see Bruce! When I saw him it was the highlight of my week! We drove home and when I opened our bedroom door there were rose petals and chocolate kisses all the way up to our bed, and then on our bed! It was so cute and romantic!!! I was pretty much the happiest girl in the world!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bruce and Chanteal. Thank you Bruce for letting her come but we did miss you. I love the saying "There is no place like home" Right Chaney? I didn't even get to say good by but know I love you and will be glad when you get home for good. Bruce that little dog is such a good little guy. If I wasn't so old I'd try to steal him.... Be good love each other and take good care of each other.. love gram....

Tiffany said...

So fun that you got to come back and visit your fam Chanteal! ... but your right... when you're not with your hubby, it just feels like half of you is missing! Sorry I didn't get to see you while you were here!

The McKnights said...

What the??? How retarded is that website?!? Everyone that used it go their blogs messed up! Lame! I'm sad, I loved it!